Thursday, January 22, 2015

Breakfast Tip: Rediscover Oatmeal

My family rediscovered oatmeal this year and LOVE it for breakfast--regular oats (not instant, is our texture preference). We cook it with milk instead of water and add brown sugar, raisins and chopped nuts. Especially like pecans. Very simple to prepare. 

This humble breakfast dish can help you add whole grains, fruit and heart-healthy fats from nuts.  Bon appetit!

To help make it easier to prepare in the morning, I have small portions of each in a plastic basket in the cupboard with other breakfast items. I pull the basket out of the cupboard and all I need is the milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers. Each comment is reviewed before posting. My goal is to review your posts within 24-48 hours. Thanks for taking time to write.